Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vacation Workaholic

Recently the family (me, my wife and 5 children) traveled over the mountains for a vacation on the sunny shores of Lake Chelan. We met up with my parents and my six sibling, their spouses, and their children and descended, like a ravening horde, upon the beaches of Wapato Point.

It was a great time and we all got lots of sun and sand. I did some waterskiing and kyaking and spent time with the family. However, I have a sickness that whenever I go on vacation I view this as "a great time to get some reading and writing done."

As it always turns out, my anticipated free time is nowhere near enough to get done what I had hoped. I got almost no reading accomplished (sorry Tour of Darkness and Necropolis I'll have to read you later), but thanks to the Alphasmart (check out my last post) I did manage to bang out about 4,000 words of Through the Groaning Earth (the sequel to Escape from Devil's Head) on beach and by swimming pool.

2 comments:

 Damon Orrell said...

Aren't you running Tour of Darkness this next weekend?

...I'm not completely ready for the gaming weekend either.

Unknown said...

I was already half way through it before the vacation--and have managed to finish it since then.

I've also done a fair amount of reading on the Necropolis campaign.