Monday, July 21, 2008

Again Dark Worlds

Here's what Derrick Ferguson recently had to say about my recent appearance in Dark Worlds magazine #1. I thought it was quite amusing, and though I don't condone the robbery of the young or the old, I thought I'd share what he had to say:

Why am I peddling DARK WORLDS? Well, besides the fact that it's chock full of pulp-style tales it also happens to contain a certain story called "The Investment" which is written by Joel Jenkins, a writer of superlative talents that I have had the pleasure of being associated with for quite some time now.

"The Investment" is a space opera tale that follows the adventures and calamities of the crew of the Scavenger as they try to be the first to salvage a warp drive from a Kree spaceship abandoned on the jungle-covered planet of Arcturon VI. They get a little more than they bargain for when bounty hunters show up and the natives begin to get restless.

Now I'm not gonna lie to you and say I've read this story and that you should jack little old ladies for their gold teeth if necessary in order to buy a copy. But I have read most of Joel's stories and even had the pleasure of collaborating with him on a couple. So on that basis alone I'm gonna get out my ski mask, pliers, head out to the nearest senior citizen center and lay in wait.

So with an endorsement like that, I've got ask, "What are you waiting for?" Pick yourself up a copy of Dark Worlds #1 right away.

2 comments:

Martin Edward Stephenson said...

Congratulations Joel. Well done. I'll order a copy.

Unknown said...

Cool, let me know what you think!