Sunday, September 21, 2008

Into the Weird West

Pulp Work Press has announced its forthcoming anthology of Weird West style of tales, which will be entitled Fistful of Devils. Editor, Russ Anderson, has hand-picked a number of authors to write stories for the anthology, and I'm fortunate enough to be invited to participate.

For those not familiar with the genre of Weird West it is an obscure sub-genre of the Western, but it must have some strange or supernatural element within the story. Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday encountering the Clanton brothers in the OK Corral qualifies as a Western, but Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday encountering undead/zombie versions of the Clanton Brothers qualifies as a Weird Western.

Though I've dipped into the western general several times with my Porter Rockwell tale and the pair of Temple Houston tales I've written, Guns Against Temple and Six Feet of Cold Earth, this will be the first time I've gone exploring the Weird West. I'm looking forward to it, and more details will be forthcoming as the project proceeds. Fistful of Devils isn't slated for publishing until mid or late 2009.

No comments: