Monday, October 19, 2009

Good Reading


One of the advantages of being an author for Pulp Work Press is that I sometimes have the opportunity to read copies of PulpWork books well in advance of their actual release. I've just finished reading Dillon and the Golden Bell and it is awesome. If you asked me to describe it in one sentence I'd have to say it's like 'James Bond meets Cthulhu'. Pulpwork is hoping to release the book by Christmas this year. I'll keep you apprised.


This weekend I also had the opportunity to read Mr. Brass and the Red Horror of Frankenstein, which is not a Pulpwork Press Release but is written by Pulpwork author Josh Reynolds. This sucker has been out for at least a month, but I'm way behind on my reading. I loved every word of this story; Reynolds brings together the Dr. Frankenstein and Doctor Moreau we recognize from classic literature and plops them into a whole new mind-blowing milieu. You can read Mr. Brass and the Red Horror Frankenstein at Thousand Faces magazine.

1 comment:

Derrick Ferguson said...

"James Bond meets Cthulhu" That's a great line. We oughta use that as a blurb on the back cover.