Friday, December 26, 2008

Immortals of the Cannibal Coast

Immortals of the Cannibal Coast, a collaboration between author Martin Edward Stephenson and myself, has been picked up for inclusion in the third issue of Dark Worlds.

The heroine of the short story is Tarajel, a former Southern Raider who has taken to pirating and plundering Thraxian slaver ships. With a Thraxian warship in pursuit and a storm raging, her own ship founders on the reefs of the Cannibal Coast and things get worse from there...

Tarajel is Martin Stephenson's creation and originally appeared in the short stories Temple of the Mandricanth and The Storm Jewel, which appeared at Pulp and Dagger and through Electronic Tales.

I've collaborated with other authors before, but Martin and I approached things a bit differently than I've done in the past. We constructed an outline of the story and then alternated the writing of the chapters. Of course, I'll let everyone know when Dark Worlds #3 becomes available. In the meantime you might like to check out Dark Worlds #1 and #2 (available in electronic or hard copy format), which contain my space opera tale The Investment, and Lords of the Bitter Dark--a sneak peek at my upcoming fantasy novel, Through the Groaning Earth.

No comments: